By Ronda Buhrmester and Dan Fedor, VGM Reimbursement Specialists
We are hearing from DME providers that they are starting to receive payments from both DME MACS Noridian and CGS. Noridian’s dashboard is reporting 6.1 percent of Jurisdiction D has been completed as of July 5. Jurisdiction A has completed 11.4 percent of their adjusted claims as for July 5. CGS (DME MAC for jurisdictions B and C) has not yet reported its results.
We would like to collect some data from our members. Please let us know if you receive your reimbursement. When you start receiving payments, simply shoot us an email, phone call, or text message. Please include any issues/concerns your company may be experiencing, for example, but not limited to:
- Filtering through the remittance summary in order to notice the payment
- Any issues with posting in your billing software (and what the billing software is)
- Extra time for staff to work on the mass adjustments
- Issues with crossover to secondary payer
- Inquiries/concerns from patients related to the mass adjustments
We welcome examples of remittance summaries (EOBs), so feel free to send them over as well. For further comments or questions, please let us know.
Ronda Buhrmester, CRT, CFm