We have finalized the locations and dates of Tech Training in 2015. Our first in-person Tech Training seminar in 2015 will be March 16-18, 2015 in Albany, New York. Will you be there? Register now!
Many of our members have requested a more in-depth and more engaging Tech Training program. In response to your requests, we have been diligently working with Richard Fuller from Richard Fuller Consulting to revitalize the 3-day Tech Training program. Dick has worked one-on-one with each of our participating manufacturers to reduce the redundancy in the program and increase the complexity of the power wheelchair repair issues addressed.
- Product specifics and troubleshooting tips by tech experts from Invacare, Motion Concepts, Permobil and Sunrise Medical
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), deep-cycle batteries, DC motors and servo drive concepts will be presented by Dick Fuller to enhance troubleshooting accuracy
- Recognizing Potential Seating and Postural Issues will be presented by Elizabeth Cole, MSPT, ATP
Have you attended Tech Training before? Even if you’ve attended a previous Tech Training with a manufacturer or U.S. Rehab, the content is different and more advanced. Plan to attend again in 2015. We know you will learn valuable information you’ve not heard anywhere else.
Additional parts discounts are available to VGM and US Rehab members only if they have a tech attend and successfully pass U.S. Rehab’s Tech Training with a final exam score of 70% or higher.
- Repair topics common to all manufacturers
- Recognizing potential seating and postural issues
- Manufacturer presentation
- Manufacturer presentations
- Productivity in repair discussion with Richard Fuller
- Manufacturer presentation
- Wrap-up, review, and final exam
The material that will be presented is aimed toward the power wheelchair tech who has been in the industry for a minimum of 2 years. If you or your tech do not have this background but still want to attend, U.S. Rehab is offering a free webinar on March 3 at 10 a.m. CST to review basic information techs should know before attending. Dick Fuller will present on repair-related electrical and mechanical aspects of power wheelchairs, common problem areas with power wheelchairs and associated repairs, and vocabulary commonly used in the industry. Can’t attend at that time? A recording of the webinar will be available to watch at your convenience. Register for the webinar
Tech Training will also be held in four other locations in 2015. The dates and locations are listed below.
- May 4-6: California area
- June 15-18: Heartland Conference in Waterloo, IA
- August 3-5: Dallas, TX
- October 12-14: Atlanta, GA
Have questions? Feel free to contact Kayla Mahler at U.S. Rehab at (800) 987-734 or [email protected]